Sharpen your blades, the Blood in the Sand tournament is coming…
Do you think you can organize an elite team of warriors? Do you have what it takes to go toe-to-toe with the best ArcheAge fighters in the world? Find out by participating in our very FIRST set of regional PvP tournaments!
During September and October, get ready for Blood in the Sand to hit both our NA and EU regions. These fights won’t be your usual arena matches. Instead, get ready for an intense 10 vs. 10 brawl where only one team will be crowned the Erenor Champions for an entire year! Our top 3 teams will walk away with special tournament rewards to use on your home server!
Tournament sign-ups will begin on August 22! European matches will be played on September 17 & 24, while North American matches will be played on October 1 & 8. If you’re looking to create a team, here’s what you’ll need to know:
- 8 teams will be accepted per region (NA & EU). All teams will be chosen by the ArcheAge staff – we’re looking for the best of the best in each region.
- Matches will take place on the Event Test Server.
- Teams will consist of 13 players: 10 combatants and 3 alternates.
- First Round matches will be a Best of 3 series.
- Semi-Finals and Finals will be a Best of 5 series.
- Matches will be a maximum of 10 minutes.
- A match will end when one team is entirely dead, or the match clock has expired. If time runs out, the team with the most members standing wins.
- Players must remain in the bounds of the Arena during the fight.
- Divine and Epic level gear will be provided, but the tournament will not use consumable items or resurrections. In this arena, there are no do-overs.
- Teams must have 10 members and 3 alternates.
- Each team must have a designated captain and co-captain.
- Teams may be created with any player from any server in your region. They don’t have to be your guildmates or server neighbors to be recruited.
- Team members will be classified into 4 archetypes based on their desired weapon: Melee, Magic, Healer, and Ranged.
- No team may have 50% of their composition as one archetype.
- Team members will be able to change classes during the tournament, but they will not be able to change out of their assigned archetype.
- Team members will be assigned gear by Trion. Gear will be standardized based on archetype and all archetypes will have 2-4 pre-set gear choices. Gear cannot be upgraded or augmented and will be wiped between matches.
- All team members must have active ArcheAge accounts in good standing.
- Teams must submit a custom team name in their application along with a 3 letter Acronym. Team names must abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Teams must include a team logo as a UCC in their application. UCCs must follow Code of Conduct rules and should represent your team name.
Of course, we don’t want to interrupt your forum-warrioring general discussion post with our match of champions. If you just want to spout words, buttercup, by all means, continue bashing those keys. But if you want to prove your skill to the world, then begin assembling your teams! Applications open on August 22 and will close on September 9!